Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

"The Guardian"

Just finished this book a little while ago. I liked it! Liked it more than I thought I would. It almost seemed predictable but not quite. I was first drawn that it was the first book I read since I started this book reading quest that made me laugh ... hence, I added in my blog description ... tickle the funny bone. Anyway, some of the sarcasm made the characters personable. Moreover, I believed the love story in this book. From the start I was pulling for what seemed to be the underdog. Sure glad that the author didn't drag that choice ... should I choose the handsome charming Richard or my best pal Mike? Yeay, Mike wins! No, I didn't ruin it for you ... it was obvious. Well, Richard of course wasn't going to give up, so the thriller part of the book comes to play. Good choice Julie, 'cause Richard was a nut ball! That part was obvious too. At any rate, I loved the characters in this book; the main characters, their friends, the cops, and of course Singer. I was totally reading this as if it was a movie with the thought in the back of my mind that the movie version would totally get it wrong! One of those movies one would say, the book was much better. Overall, this book tugged the heart, challenged the brain a bit, tickled the funny bone, and brought calm goosebumps to the skin; meaning that it didn't scare the living daylight out of me! Hey, I might have to add that last part to my blog description ... bring goosebumps to the skin! I'll have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates