Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"The Greatest Salesman in the World"

by Og Mandino, AF, 1968, 111p, rating=3

"What you are today is not important... for in this runaway bestseller you will learn how to change your life by applying the secrets you are about to discover in the ancient scrolls."

An inspirational read that I've come to know of Mr. Mandino, however, this one didn't zap me as much as the others I've read.  The 10 secret scrolls contain themed suggestions to get one into the habit of positive thinking/attitude to succeed in life.  The story of Hadfid's journey to be the greatest salesman in the world is the tool to present and captivate the reader to these secret principles.  Having these scrolls guarded and deemed most valuable is another way to say that those who possess such secrets are special.  Thus, Mr. Mandino is telling you these secrets so that means you are special and implying that these secrets can truly be applied to real life and thus can change you for the better.  I can see how most of these principles could do just that.  Overall, I think of this as a book version of one of those live motivational talks.  A pep rally of philosophical ideas.

**SPOILER STARTS HERE**
Just for my reference I am going to write down the 10 secrets:
1.  Today I begin a new life
2.  I will greet this day with love in my heart
3.  I will persist until I succeed
4.  I am nature's greatest miracle
5.  I will live this day as if it is my last
6.  Today I will be master of my emotions
7.  I will laugh at the world
8.  Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold
9.  I will act now
10.  Call God/I will pray for guidance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates