Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Forgotten"

by Cat Patrick, YA, 2011, 288p, rating=4
book won from Annette @Annette's Book Spot

"With the intrigue of Memento and the romance of The Time-Traveller's Wife, Forgotten is the perfect YA novel. Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works . . .Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future.But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much . . ."  (Goodreads, Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this read.  It was simple, quick, and had an alluring storyline.  The romance was sweet ... one that this 10 year married veteran caught saying to herself, "Aww, I remember that young love feeling.". 

Luke was quite the prince ... worthy character to have London fall in love with him anew each day.  Reminding me of the movie, "50 First Dates", where Henry attempts each day to woo Lucy because like London, Lucy wakes up every morning forgetting yesterday.  Anyway, the frustrating and refreshing dynamics of such a situation was explored and Ms. Patrick did a wonderful job letting the reader feel empathy ... even though London's condition may not be medically sound.

Along with the romance was also a little bit of crime mystery that gave intrigue to the read.  I was waiting to see how it all would unfold.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed at the ending.  It was too generic.  It was in this case that I would have liked to see details!  Nonetheless, the overall tone of the book and believable characters left an overwhelmingly good impression on me.

This is another example of the kind of soft YA books I enjoy ... joining Flipped by Wendeline Van Draanen, The Princess of Las Pulgas by C. Lee McKenzie, If I Stay series by Gayle Forman, Clarity by Kim Harrington, etc.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates