Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"The Last Song"

by Nicholas Sparks, AF, audio CD, 12.5hrs, rating=5

"Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church."  (Goodreads)

I'm a sucker for books that tug at the heart strings (hence my blog addy) and this one definitely did that for me.  Mr. Sparks sure knows how to wrench your heart!  So get your tissue box ready because you're in for a good cry.  Clearly a Nicholas Sparks trademark ... heartrending plot.

I'm lost for words.  Once it made me cry, I resolved to forget any qualms I had about the book.  There's power in tears, let's leave it at that.

I wonder if the movie's adaptation got it right?  I'm fifty-fifty about Miley Cyrus being Ronnie.

2 comments:

  1. For some odd reason I loved this book beyond words. First Sparks book that I ever wanted to re-read.

    StarCrossed is rather interesting. Half way through... also reading Clockwork Angel by Clare. Loving that one!

    MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by M.S. Glad to hear you feel the same way about this book.. was feelin' I was alone among my friends here. Anyway,I loved Clockwork Angel ..looking forward to the sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates