Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pondering the Scriptures Sunday #47

Several days ago I got to visit a 93 year old woman in a nursing home.  She's quite lucid for her age (comparatively her memory is probably better than mine!). In our conversation she had mentioned that she was ready to die.  She proclaimed that she's not scared to move on because she had read the scriptures and felt comfort.  She stated that she felt good about the time she has spent on earth and looking forward to the next adventure.

That conversation got me thinking about death, so it is today's pondering topic...

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  Psalm 23:4

Fifty years from now I hope I'm able to say the same thing that my dear friend said ... but just in case I don't have that long, I shall turn to this verse for comfort.

Happy sabbath and have a great week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates