Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 30, 2011

Now You See Her; Lost December; Finding Noel

I'm getting ready for the end of the year wrap-up so here's a few brief reviews.  I guess it was hard to completely go on a month's hiatus (I finished another book last night so one more is coming).  The break was nice though.  I sometimes stress about putting out a review and honestly, it's time consuming.  I've got some thinking to do about where and how I want next year's book blogging to go ...better prioritizing kind of stuff.  Anyway, thank you for sticking by me.  :)
 
Now You See Her by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge, AF, 2011, Playaway digital audio, 7.5hrs, rating=2.5

An okay thriller ...woman fakes her death to hide from a lunatic cop husband then finds herself years later amidst his presence again (she put herself there, not very bright!). What to do, what to do because an innocent man was to be put to death and secrets to guard?

Violent with somewhat predictable twists. And of course the heroine had nine lives! --Not a big fan of nine lives ..great in real life but not in fictional stories .. go figure me!! ;)

Lost December by Richard Paul Evans, AF, 2011, 379p (large print), rating=4

Richard Paul Evans is one of my go to authors when I want to get out of a reading slump (which I am in at the moment). He has a way of telling stories that touch the heart (my kind of book), using melancholy to drive at a moral message. I often find myself emotionally involved with the characters. This book is no exception. A riches-to-rags story through a take on the well known Bible parable The Prodigal Son. Prodigal being the key word in defining the essence of the tale ..SPOILER STARTS (paraphrased from the book) misunderstanding the word thinking it means "lost" or "wayward" when it really means "wastefully extravagant", but it also means "to give abundantly". SPOILER ENDS You're likely to need a tissue. I did.

Emotionally charging and character building. A lesson in giving and being grateful. Appropriate feel good book during this Christmas season.

On a side note: I learned interesting things about being homeless.

Finding Noel by Ricard Paul Evans, AF, 2006, 304p, rating=3

Fresh from finishing Mr. Evans' current book Lost December, I found that book to be better than this one. But unlike Lost December, the signature intro letter and dedication in Finding Noel left me shedding a tear before reaching chapter one! Mr. Evans dedicated this book to his late mother. Use mother in a sentiment and I'm bawling! As in turns out though, I found this read to be a bit disjointed. Still, a wonderful story of "how people come into our lives for a reason".

What I got out of this book was that we are angels to each other if we choose to be kind. My favorite character was Joette. I loved her!!

1 comment:

  1. The most widely used social networking site Twitter assists people to comprehend about ongoing topics and pursuits or social reactions of their favored fames. buy twitter followers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates