Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Smokin' Seventeen"

by Janet Evanovich, AF, 2011, Playaway digital audio, 6.5hrs, rating=2
source: library


Where there's smoke there's fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. The bail bonds office has burned to the ground, and bodies are turning up in the empty construction lot. To make matters worse, Stephanie is working out of a motor home she shares with a dancing bear, and Joe Morelli's old world grandmother has declared a vendetta against her. And just when Stephanie decides it might be time to choose between the two men in her life, Morelli and Ranger, a third man from Stephanie's past moves back to Trenton... (Goodreads)

Yikes, I missed the first sixteen of this series!  That's okay, it was still an entertaining read as a stand alone.  It kept me in pace during my morning walks.  I especially found Lula a hoot!  Wanda Sykes kind of funny.  The story in general was weird ... what can I say, it had a dancing bear and a stalker.  But I must say, I like the ironic ending. 

1 comment:

  1. 16? So hard to keep the series fresh, mind you I think it helps when the books are readable as a standalone novel in their own right. Glad you enjoyed this, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates