Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for The Fates

atoz2013
This is a challenge to post every day in April (except on Sundays) blogging thematically from A to Z. Go HERE for details. My A-Z theme this year is Greek Mythology inspired by the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan that I recently read.  Please be aware that what I write is my interpretation of my findings and may not necessarily be accurate.


"The Triumph of Death", or "The 3 Fates". Victoria and Albert Museum, London

The Fates or Moirae (spinners of the thread of life) are three sister goddesses responsible for deciding the span of mortal life.  It has been said that they are either daughters of Zeus and Themis or created by goddess Nyx.  Each sister had specific roles in the threading of life: Clotho, the youngest and the spinner, determined the birth; Lachesis, measured the length of life; and Atropos, had the fun duty of cutting the thread of life, aka, death.  There is rumor that The Fates may also determined the fates of the gods as well.  Yikes, better not mess with the sisters!

Sources:
Greek Gods Info
Greek Mythology 

While you're here, my blog turned 3yo and I'm giving away $13 in Amazon, B&N, or TBD
Enter HERE

6 comments:

  1. Yes, sounds like three sister you don't want to cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sisters three always got my respect. I never mess with any of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post! I ♥ Greek mythology!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm finding GM pretty interesting.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates