Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 29, 2016

Film Review: The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book, 2016, Directed by Jon Favreau, 106 min, Starring --Neel Sethi, Idris Elba, Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, etc.
My Rating=4.5
Watched in theatre: 4/16/16

An orphan boy is raised in the Jungle with the help of a pack of wolves, a bear and a black panther.

Don't throw tomatoes at me, I haven't seen the Disney animated version (just clips here and there). Haven't read the book either. Can I just say I've been living under a rock? That said, this review is strictly about this film with no influence from book or previous animated version. Anyway, I enjoyed the ride. Quite an adventure that kept me on my toes. Shere Khan the tiger is a terror! So glad Baloo's comedic antics buffed him out ..Bill Murray is simply incredible. The young boy actor needs a little more acting pizzazz (for lack of a better term) but overall he got me rooting for him so he got the job done considering he was the only non-cgi character. Haha, when King Louie the orangutan started to sing I was taken aback. I didn't see this as a musical so I found that part funny. Now I have a hankering to read the book and see the animated version.

Join me at Letterboxd
 


THE BOOK:

Run with them. Or fear them--

Bagheera the Panther: A silken shadow of boldness and cunning.

Kaa the Python: A thirty foot battering ram driven by a cool, hungry mind.

Baloo the Bear: who keeps the lore and the Law, and teaches the Secret Words.

Rikki the Mongoose: The young protector who sings as he slays.

Akela and Raksha the Wolves: Demon warriors of the Free People.

Shere Khan the Tiger: The dreaded enemy of all.

And Mowgli the Man-cub: The orphan baby raised by the wolves, taught by Baloo, trained by Bagheera and Kaa. The sorcerer who knows the ways of the jungle and speaks the language of the wild...

DVD --1997


Book


Book


5 comments:

  1. I must admit I was worried when I heard this was coming out. Having seen the original, I thought it would be unbeatable. So it's worth watching then. Maybe I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the original so I don't have that to go by. My kids (7,9,13) enjoyed it and it didn't scare them. Haha, that tiger was a beast, he scared me a bit! :)

      Delete
  2. In this manner my associate Wesley Virgin's biography starts in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL video.

    Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the government and others used to get anything they want.

    THESE are the EXACT same SECRETS tons of famous people (notably those who "come out of nothing") and the greatest business people used to become wealthy and successful.

    You probably know that you only use 10% of your brain.

    Really, that's because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this conversation has even taken place IN YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years ago, while driving an unregistered, garbage bucket of a car with a suspended driver's license and on his banking card.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with going through life payroll to payroll! When will I become successful?"

    You took part in those questions, ain't it so?

    Your success story is going to start. You need to start believing in YOURSELF.

    Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the tutorial I needed. Thank you for taking the time to write and photograph each step and sharing it with us! colourist logo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates